Lost Map The Howlin’ Fling - Burns&Beyond 2019
Saturday 26th January 2019
Start Time: 6:30pm
Tickets - £11 (Incl. Booking Fees)
Minimum age 18+
Throughout his career Pictish Trail – aka Johnny Lynch – has resolutely furrowed his own path, steadily creating a unique catalogue of recordings and performances through his own labels (Lost Map / Fence Records) while eschewing the blueprint of the predictable singer-songwriter in favour of something untidily intriguing. Born out of a compulsion to make infectious, melody driven music from a treasure trove of secret sounds, Pictish Trail’s spectral songs are filtered through a sun-warped pop lens, where heart-pumping guitar shriek-outs collide with sampled gurgles and fractured lyrics figure-skate over sine-waves of glacial synth.
The remote Isle of Eigg, located within the Inner Hebrides of Scotland, is home to the country’s most innovative DIY label and music collective, Lost Map. Every two years, the island hosts a mini-festival known as ‘Howlin’ Fling!’, where acts from the label roster, good pals, and special guests perform in front of an audience looking to lose themselves in music.
For Burns&Beyond, Lost Map’s boss Pictish Trail will curate a recreation of their biennial bash, transforming a secret venue in Edinburgh into Eigg’s legendary ceilidh hall, for an evening of sonic exploration and Highland hospitality.
Pictish is currently working on brand new material due for release in 2019. Burns&Beyond will be the first chance to hear some of these new songs …
- Tickets are only valid for the day and start time detailed on the ticket and are not transferable or refundable
- Please make sure you allow plenty of time to get to the event for the start time. Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Ticket holders must be 18 years of age or over
- Carers of visitors with specific access requirements: Free, but still require an event ticket. Please contact the box office to book
- Alcohol CANNOT be brought into the venues. No glass can be brought into the venues