The List Presents: The Red Rose Club - Burns&Beyond 2019
Saturday 26th January 2019
Start Time: 6:30pm
Tickets - £11 (Incl. Booking Fees)
Minimum age 18+
A night of electronic music and DJs selected by The List!
Maya Medvesek, better known as Nightwave, has carved a reputation around the UK and beyond for her forward-thinking sets and dynamic execution of everything from footwork to techno. The Glasgow-based DJ is also a vocal advocate for gender equality in the music industry, regularly hosting programming and DJ skills workshops for girls as young as eight. She also co-runs Producergirls, a free music production workshop for women, all over the UK and recently toured India as a part of British Council’s Women In Electronic Music initiative.
A regular at Glasgow’s La Cheetah and Edinburgh’s Sneaky Pete’s, Sofay (aka Sophie Reilly) has continued her upward trajectory in 2018, DJing at London’s Corsica Studios with Palms Trax, playing Berlin and Copenhagen, supporting SOPHIE as part of the Edinburgh International Festival and contributing a guest mix to Livity Sound’s NTS Radio slot.
Described as ‘one of the most hard-working young figures in Scottish electronic music’, Ribeka (aka Becky Marshall) is a freelance producer (including for the dance element of the Rip it Up exhibition) and an A&R for Mute Records. As Ribeka, DJ and co-founder of Glasgow’s So Low night, her reputation is on the rise.
The Honey Farm
With the release of their debut mini-album Welcome to the Honey Farm, this Dunbar rap trio continued to fiercely knock holes in the masculine front of the genre with tracks which call out douchebro behaviour, fight back against gender stereotyping and promote body positivity.
- Tickets are only valid for the day and start time detailed on the ticket and are not transferable or refundable.
- Please make sure you allow plenty of time to get to the event for the start time. Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Ticket holders must be 18 years of age or over
- Carers of visitors with specific access requirements: Free, but still require an event ticket. Please contact the box office to book
- Alcohol CANNOT be brought into the venues. No glass can be brought into the venue